Systems are to serve people instead of people serving systems. How can we get backwards on why systems exist?
I'm always afraid that I'll become a leader who protects the system more than people. So I ask myself these questions:
1. Do I believe in the branding or do I believe in engagement?
2. Do I see the work being done in someone or do I only measure the work they've done?
3. Can I receive ideas from people who are proven faithful?
4. Am I creating rules for all in response to one failure?
5. Am I creating a system for everyone else so that I can do less?
6. When there is a new opportunity, do I listen to all the facts or do I make preconceived assumptions in order to protect the system?
7. Am I fighting for control?
8. Do I need to be right?