There is a place where leadership goes to die. This place is a black hole in community, it sucks the fun out of everything. Typically, this place is misunderstood as "experienced," "professional," or "tenured." You know when you come against it because it leaves you feeling less than but it leaves someone else feeling greater than. Have you figured it out yet?
Are you the answer to every problem?
The place leadership goes to die is in the heart of the leader who lacks humility.
Peoples' enthusiasm dies there too.
Peoples' spirit dies there too.
Peoples' trust dies there too.
3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves,
How would you know if you lack humility?
1. Which is more exciting to you: giving your business card to someone or that person?
2. Is this your answer to every negative situation, "The person before me screwed this up."
3. You see everything as a sale. Selling mainly yourself.
4. You like to disagree to be able to say something in a conversation.
5. You like to remind people that you've done really hard work or have life experiences that others don't.
Your humility is the quickest way to make others feel valued. Your lack of humility is the quickest way to deprive those around you of value.